Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Logic or Sovereignty?

Logic or Sovereignty...........

Many times in my life I have watched as situations lay out in front of me and saw how they would logically work out......some in good ways, some unfortunate.  I believed I had faith to see things work out the way I wanted or needed them to, but in reality I watched until logically the outcome was determined in my mind the inevitable!  Seriously?  Logic superceded the Sovereignty of God to me?!

In the bible it says:  "The Kings heart is in the hand of the Lord; he can turn it whichever way he Will" Proverbs 21:1

Wow have I known that to be true!  Don't believe for one moment that the Lord cannot take the situation that you see so logically working out and turn it in the opposite direction in a blink of an eye.
He is God.......Our Sovereign Lord.

Maybe you are believing for a relationship to work out and 'logically' it looks as if it may.  What does God have to say about that relationship?

Maybe you're single and you are starting to believe this thing called marriage will NEVER happen for you because logically.........."My Biological clock is ticking, Lord!"  (Seriously, Girl!  You are only 20 something!)

Where does the Sovereignty of God come into our belief system? What does the Sovereignty of God actually mean? 
Sovereignty of God:
            the Truth that God has the authority to do whatever he pleases....

That's right!  God can do anything!!  We say that - and we even believe that!  But logic has a way of diminishing our trust in the Lord's sovereignty and increasing our trust in what seems the logical course of events to take place.  Don't count on it!

Take a moment to reflect back on situations that you thought were logically going to work out..........do you recognize in many of those cases where the Sovereign hand of God rescued you from a potentionally disasterous situation?! 

Next time you are believing for something make sure you ask yourself  in what do you trust: The Logic of this world or the Sovereignty of our God?Trust in the Sovereignty of God!  He knows Everything and his plans are to  prosper you and not harm you; to give you a hope and a future..... Jeremiah 29:11

THAT is the God we serve.  THAT is our Sovereign God!



 




1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! Your writings always pierce my heart. I am numb as tears fall to the floor. thank you so so much for this!!!

    ReplyDelete